“ They are literally paying you to put out your content – that is unheard of. ”
– #MonsterMasterclass program alum, Nick Pandya
Since 2017, #MonsterMasterclass (previously known as #MonsterArtist Development or MAD) has been elevating diverse independent artists in Canada for the new entertainment industry by equipping them with electronic press kits (EPKs), show reels, and coaching to launch efficient paid and organic social media campaigns. Artists, dancers, comedians and musicians alike learn how to leverage social media algorithms through tangible skills including search engine optimization (SEO) for the entertainment industry. Spotify and entertainment platforms continue to drive change in the web 2.0 world, opening pathways for independent artists to achieve success without needing big labels or agents, and the #MonsterMasterclass program ensures these entrepreneurs can hit the ground running.
Participants are connected with industry gatekeepers who share their insights on how artists can create opportunities and effectively monetize their creative work. Participants also grow their careers from a supportive network of collaborators in the South Asian-Canadian arts scene. #MonsterMasterclass is an avenue dedicated to helping professional artists elevate their marketing and entrepreneurship skills for success. Participants love connecting with each other throughout the program and utilize the industry connections they make well after graduation.
#MonsterMasterclass is branding for artists, social media marketing for discoverability, and coaching for success in the entertainment industry.
#MonsterMasterclass Annual Season: May – November
- Free program delivered through a series of workshops that our program participants, #MonsterArtists, are paid to attend.
- #MonsterArtists are often invited and paid to perform at one of monstrARTity’s productions where their live performance will be documented for their #MonsterMasterclass video episodes.
- Program culminates with a social media contest where the #MonsterArtists run marketing campaigns to put their new skills to the test and compete for the highest views.
What the Artists Gain
Skills Our #MonsterArtists Develop
- Digital marketing
- Search engine optimization (SEO)
- Social media marketing
- Develop target audiences
- Run campaigns
- #MonsterMasterclass Episode Videos – documentary style videos that include performance and interview footage. #MonsterMasterclass episodes are professional grade video productions entirely paid for by the program.
Check them out on our video playlist!
- Access to monstrARTity’s network of industry professionals
- Opportunity to collaborate and explore fusions with other program artists to create monstrous works
- Paid gig opportunity at the largest South Asian festival in Canada: monstrARTity’s #BollywoodMonster Mashup
We are #MonsterMasterclass and we want to help you achieve your professional goals. Grow your audience, network and net worth while learning from industry experts, and get paid through the process. Apply today.
“[Programs like #MonsterMasterclass] are extremely important. Dancers, musicians, and artists in general forget that you are your own business. You are your own admin, your social media manager, your content creator, etc. Sometimes we need somebody outside of us to remind us of things we need to focus on.”
“I really appreciated the diversity of information that was presented from marketing to curation to lessons as a performer to the inside workings of festivals and performances. I learned a lot about the intersectionality of different art practices (behind-the-scenes and performative) and aiming to meet audiences with the performers. All in all, a very fulfilling learning experience.”
“It’s extremely important to have [programs like #MonsterMasterclass] accessible to a variety of artists. It gives them the opportunity to showcase themselves on a professional platform that they otherwise may not be able to avail. It shows them that their work also matters, and it helps their music be accessible to various audiences as well!”
“[The #MonsterMasterclass program] is quite informative and interesting. For each topic, the speakers provided so much knowledge and insight about various, different topics related to our growth as artists, and monstrARTity being the platform to help connect us to potential opportunities.”
“This is my first year really getting to know the work that monstrARTity does [and participating in the #MonsterMasterclass program]. In my experiences as a dance and theatre artist, I always find I am the only (or one of very few) South Asian artists in the room. This has been a wonderful, eye-opening experience to be in a room (albeit a digital one) with majority South Asian and racialized artists. I am inspired to learn more about the artists I met today, and also to learn more about my cultural lineage and how I can incorporate more of those ideas in my own artistic practice.”
“I think [the #MonsterMasterclass program] is extremely important for diverse artists as there isn’t an abundance of opportunities available for artists such as us. It’s also a great way for us to expand and network.”